Sunday, December 31, 2006

Twins! I Have Twins! Uh, But They're NOT Identical...

MY RED THANKSGIVING CACTUS IS VERY HAPPY THIS MORNING

Dear Blog-

Well, as I promised, here are the sleeves of my Philosopher's Wool Colour Your Own. I was very, very pleased with myself. Until, that is, I saw that although they may be twins, they are NOT identical. Hmmm... Then I decided, Hell, just get over it. They'll be on opposite sides of my body.

Now mind you, if I had seen the flaw while it was still on the needles I would have gone back and fixed it. And I know I still could. Don't know that I will, though. I'll think about it while I am working on the sweater body.


CAN YOU SPOT WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

So last night I made my pockets while the sleeves blocked, and this morning I'll get my gauge measurement from them (the sleeves, that is), and then cast on for the sweater today. As I said yesterday, I don't want the idea of working on the sweater body to loom so large that I never get started with it, and I think the more time that passes before I get going, the larger it is going to loom.

Once I finished my pockets, I worked the second Argosy scarf til I had hit the halfway mark and finished the first ball of the SGL. I love how this is coming out, I really, really like this pattern and the yarn is stirring up little design thoughts in the back of my head that will spring forth fully developed at some point very soon, I feel. The drape of this yarn is just so gorgeous. I can see this pattern being my default gift for a whole lot of people this year. You'll notice that the Argosy scarf is living in the new bamboo root basket for the nonce.

Well, I had serious goo issues with my lungs the past few days. By yesterday morning I was very much in fear that I was getting pneumonia again. The winter before last I spent about three and a half months with first flu, then ten days in bed with yucky pneumonia, then two weeks later with bronchitis, then two weeks after that pneumonia again. As you can imagine, I really, really, really don't want to go there again. And apparently this is an issue with chronic asthma and respiratory infections. So do us all a favor, when you have a cold or the flu, stay home.

Anyway, I digress. I spent the morning yesterday with lots of hot fluids and lots of work with my little lung work-out thingee and by the afternoon I was breathing a lot easier and things were on the move, so to speak. My peak flow is better this morning and my lungs are clearing out. But DH felt that I really don't need to be out in the damp 38 degrees this morning for 4 hours at the farmer's market, and to tell you the truth, I have to agree with him on that one. He promises to ask the cat sweater lady to bring the sweater by next week so that I can have about ten minutes with it to write down what I did when in the pattern, and then I can add it to my pattern page.


Sooo... all this to say, that because I always think of this day of the year as one for reflection on the year past, and I have all morning to do this with, I think I will do a Year in Review of all my knitting projects for 2006. I think it will be fun to look back on my list of things that I wanted to do for the year, and see how much I have done, what I haven't done, what I would move to next year's wish list, and what I would leave off at this point.

I also want to write up a free pattern and one of my favorite baking recipes as a gift to you and have DH post the pattern for me to the pattern pages when he returns this afternoon.

So, I will go fetch breakfast for DH and drop it off at the market for him, and then I'll be back to show all that to you.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home